We believe that all children and youth should have high-quality out-of-school time opportunities that inspire them to change the world. To do this, it takes high-quality programs and professionals in our local communities supported by a strong network of advocates across the state. Florida After School provides that support. As a highly valuable, credible, and visible leader supporting the out-of-school time field at the national and state level, Florida After School hosts regular trainings and webinars for professionals and programs, supports national standards, offers discounted access to innovative tools and resources to enhance programming, and serves as the voice for out-of-school time programs and policies in Florida. We are the only statewide membership organization dedicated to connecting afterschool professionals who share a commitment to high-quality afterschool, before school, holiday, and summer programming to support the academic and personal growth of children and youth.
The mission of Florida After School is to advocate for and equip out-of-school time stakeholders with resources to build the profession and support high-quality programs for all children and youth.
- PROMOTE QUALITY standards and best practices for OST programs that inform program decisions through training and technical assistance.
- COLLABORATE with public and private partners to share high-quality and innovative resources with OST programs to accelerate learning and youth development.
- ADVOCATE for policies and funding to expand the availability and accessibility of OST programs, as well as elevate public awareness on the benefits of those programs.
- ENGAGE direct service providers to ensure our efforts are representative and effective for those serving children, youth, and families every day.
Florida After School, Inc. is part of the 50 State Network funded by the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation to galvanize a diverse group of organizations and champions to build public will and systems for afterschool and summer learning. We also serve as the State Affiliate to the National AfterSchool Association.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AFTERSCHOOL ASSOCIATION
The National AfterSchool Association (NAA) exists to inspire, connect and equip professionals who work with and on behalf of children and youth during out-of-school time.
- Publications, resources and services that reflect best-practice thinking of the profession.
- Dissemination of ideas and information that support the professional development needs of members in the field.
- The only national convention in the field for afterschool professionals.
- A user-friendly, informational website and regular electronic communications for members.
- Access to affordable training, technical assistance and professional development for afterschool program staff.
- Access to a members-only professional resources and consultation services.